Friday, May 15, 2009

Where I've been hiding

Boy, have updates on this site dropped off lately.
Here's why:That's 48 pages of "Captain Congo and the Maharaja's Monkey" laid on my studio floor (only willing to do that after all have been safely scanned and archived). That doesn't include the thumbnails, manuscript annotations, and pencil roughs which would make this carpet about three times thicker. And of course it doesn't show the brilliant colour work of Bernie Mireault.

The point of this is to justify to myself and the five or six others that may care, my absence from Krill. Abandoning an ongoing story for many months is poor form, I know, but at least I have been spending my time with another penguin.

"Maharaja's Monkey" will be released later this year. In the meantime, the first volume, "Captain Congo and the Crocodile King" has been nominated for the Childrens Book Council of Australia's "Picture Book of the Year" and has gone into it's second printing. Still at fine (and not so fine) bookshops.

Back in the Krill, very soon.

No comments: